Monday 15 February 2010

Monday 15th January 2010

Welcome to my blog. I am beginning this as a way of recording my thoughts, feelings and general musings on life. I am a mum of 3, who works part time as a primary school teacher. I battle the mundane in search of excitement, and am eternally seeking a feeling of true happiness and contentment. Why Guinea Pig Days? Because this is the stage we are at in our family life - guinea pigs, hamster, gerbils, fish - all needed, all obtained with promises of care, all left to mum now the novelty has worn off!


A reflection on Valentines Day. What a waste of time. We have been together nearly 25 years. I got a card. No small gesture - no single rose, no tiny but gorgeous chocolates, no romantic CD. I am an advertisers dream - show me it on tv, package it beautifully, and I want it. Didn't get it though. My 10 year old son is more romantic than his dad - the object of his innocent affections receiving a carefully chosen card and some chocolate ladybird *lovebugs* I won't be holding my breath for next year.


Half Term is upon us. We have a whole week of "What are we doing?" "What's next?" "Can I have...?" I have an extra child today, but the noise level seems to have doubled! They are playing hide and seek. The neighbours must think there are elephants in residence. I need to formulate a plan to get through this week with some level of sanity intact.

No comments:

Post a Comment